New York City has quickly become one of the major food hot spots of the states. With so many options to choose from, it may be hard to find artisanal foods to suit your liking. Artisanal foods are created with the fresh and local ingredients at the hand of a craftsman who has been provided with some type of professional training. Based on these standards, USA Today was able to provide a list of some of New York City’s best artisanal hot spots.
Here are the first five stops on the list of artisanal foods hot spots:
- Beer: Top Hops- If you are a fan of beer, this is the spot to stop. Choose from a vast variety of beers that includes 680 different bottles and 20 different taps.
- Bread: Amy’s Bread- Owner Amy Scherber has her studies of bread from France and New York to provide the city with a variety of quality breads. Her Chelsea Market store offers customers the chance to view the process of creating her delicious artisanal breads.
- Coffee: Irving Farm Coffee Roasters- This coffee favorite roasts its own coffee in an old farm that they made a roasting plant during 1999. Choose from a variety of cappuccinos, espressos, and our overs. They also tend to offer free tastings.
- Donuts: Doughnut Plant- This shop began in 1994, when Mark Israel baked his donuts using a family recipe. He would bake throughout the night and would use his bike to deliver the donuts to shops throughout the city. His reputation grew and Israel was able to open his bakery in 2000. The shop offers a wide variety of donuts that are created with natural ingredients and without any artificial flavors or preservatives.
- Cupcakes: Magnolia Bakery- This West Village bakery had the spotlight placed on it after a mention in Sex and the City. Two of the cupcakes available on their menu were also included in a list of America’s 50 Best Cupcakes.
Superior Tours offers daily runs to New York City including Saturdays and Sundays, which makes planning your New York City trip for artisanal foods easy and simple. We also offer tour specials to New York City as well, so be sure to check on our specials page!
Are you ready to schedule your New York City trip? Make your reservation today by calling 1-800-754-9097, or visiting our contact page here. We provide quality charter bus transportation services for the greater Baltimore area.