New York City is known for many of its sights and sounds. With so much to offer visitors, it is impossible for tourists to see everything the amazing city has to offer in one trip. Instead, visitors should plan their trips to New York City in themes to ensure they take in everything the city can offer them. The first themed trip that you should plan is your New York City Theater Trip. A New York City Theater trip will allow visitors of the city to experience theater like nowhere else.
Your New York City theater trip will most likely begin in downtown Manhattan where Broadway is found. Here in the theater district, visitors will find 40 professional theaters, many built during the turn of the past century, where professional shows are performed almost every day. Whether you enjoy a play or musical theater, there is sure to be a show for everyone to enjoy during your New York City theater trip. Tickets can be purchased in advance for the shows of your choice, or can be bought the day you want to see the show.
Some shows that you can currently find on Broadway include:
- Phantom of the Opera- Performed in the Majestic Theater, this award winning musical is also now the longest running show in Broadway history! Phantom of the Opera opened its production in 1988 and has won the Tony for best musical and putting on at least 10,000 performances and counting.
- The River- Not much is known about this mysterious drama starring Tony Awards host Hugh Jackman. Written by award-winning playwright Jez Butterworth, this show can be found for a limited time at the Circle in the Square.
- Aladdin- This award winning production helps to bring the classic 1992 Disney animated movie to life for children and adults alike. Aladdin will be here to stay at the New Amsterdam Theatre.
- Constellations- For a limited engagement, this romantic drama can be found at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre. This show explores the possibility of experiencing love through parallel universes, and stars Jake Gyllenhaal in his Broadway debut.
- The Last Ship- For a limited time at the Neil Simon Theatre this haunting musical will take you through the relationships developed while working in a shipyard. This musical took years of research and has music written by Sting.
Superior Tours offers daily runs to New York City including Saturdays and Sundays, which makes planning your New York City theater trip easy and simple. We also offer tour specials to New York City as well, so be sure to check on our specials page!
Are you ready to schedule your New York City theater trip? Make your reservation today by calling 1-800-754-9097, or visiting our contact page here. We provide quality charter bus transportation services for the greater Baltimore area.