Living in the Towson, Pikesville, and Joppa areas of Maryland allow residents to experience city life through Baltimore city and the Baltimore Inner Harbor. However, some residents may want to see cities that are bigger than what they have in their own backyard. New York City is the perfect destination for individuals who are yearning to experience city life. New York City is considered the melting pot of America and offers something for everyone, no matter what your interests are. According to an article on Go World Travel, here are the top 10 reasons to visit the Big Apple:
- Theatre- New York City is home to the infamous Broadway, where 39 theatres are currently in operation today. Whether you like a more well-known show or a play that is just starting out, NYC is perfect for any theatre fan.
- Empire State Building- Considered an American staple, this Art Deco architecture is a must see when you visit NYC. Take an elevator to the observatory on the 86th floor to see out for about 80 miles.
- Grand Central Station- Who knew a train station could be so stunning? Become immersed in the history and life of Grand Central Station when you visit NYC.
- Times Square- This iconic heart of NYC has been backdrop for a many a movie, book, and music video. Filled with billboards, stores, and restaurants, it’s a sin to visit NYC without stopping in Times Square.
- Green Space- Although it may not seem like it, NYC is actually the greenest city in the United States. The city is home to over 1,600 parks, including its most famous, Central Park.
- Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island- When some think of America, they often think of the State of Liberty. Lady Liberty was given to the U.S. by France in 1886 and is considered a major symbol of freedom and democracy for America. Ellis Island is where millions of immigrants entered America for the first time.
- FAO Schwartz- No matter how old you are, everyone is a child once they enter this famous toy store. With plenty to explore and see, FAO Schwartz should be a stop on everyone’s list when they visit NYC.
- Museums- Home to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the American Museum of Natural History, NYC’s selection of museums cannot be beat.
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts- Home to some of the most prestigious art organizations including the New York City ballet and the Metropolitan Opera, the Lincoln Center stands as the largest center for the performing arts in the world.
- Rockefeller Center- In the winter season, Rockefeller Center is home to one of the most famous ice rinks. It is also home to several recording stations including NBC.
Want to experience everything New York City has to offer? Book your trip today with Superior Tours! To see our daily schedule, click here. You can also give us a call at 410.602.1704 or you can visit our contact page.