Last week, we discussed the top restaurants to visit on a trip to New York City. While eating full meals is always a fun experience in the city, nothing quite beats the top New York City bakeries. With so many New York City bakeries to choose from, every type of sweet tooth in your group will be pleased by the end of your day trip.
According to Gayot, New York City bakeries should be at the top of your list:
- Ceci-Cela- Found on Spring Street, this quaint café is the place to go for a pain au chocolat. According to the Gayot review, Ceci-Cela is owned and run by two French pastry chefs and is never in a shortage of pastries, sandwiches, and coffee.
- The City Bakery- While this bakery has grown to include more than just sweet pastries; the sweets are really what pack the counter. Maury Rubin, owner of The City Bakery, has made a name for himself by his fillings and shapes used when baking. He is best known for his chocolate cookies, croissants, and marshmallows.
- Clinton Street Baking Co. & Restaurant- What began as a small brunch menu has now grown into a full menu for both day and night. The highlight of the menu? Their famous blueberry pancakes that are available at any time.
- Dominique Ansel Bakery- French pastry chef Dominique Ansel has created a name for himself in the world of New York City bakeries by creating the famous “cronut”, a delicious pastry that is both a doughnut and croissant. This bakery also allows you to pre-order, so this can easily be your first stop off the bus.
- Egidio Pastry Shop- Looking for some classic Italian desserts? Head to this cozy café to enjoy a cup of coffee and stock up on your Italian pastries like cannolis, biscottis, and cakes.
Superior Tours offers daily runs to New York City including Saturdays and Sundays, which makes planning your New York City dining trip easy and simple. We also offer tour specials to New York City as well, so be sure to check on our specials page!
Are you ready to schedule your New York City trip? Make your reservation today by calling 1-800-754-9097, or visiting our contact page here. We provide quality charter bus transportation services for the greater Baltimore area.